We recommend these steps on how to use a wood burning stove in a tent. Following these recommendations you can use a tent wood stove inside your shelter. This comes in handy for winter camping, and backcountry hunting.
Using Wood Burning Tent Stove Steps
- It’s important that your single wall tent allows enough space to put a tent wood stove.
- It’s important that your shelter has a fireproof stove jack which allows the chimney to exit the living area of the tent.
- Your tent must be floorless or have the option to fold back the floor.
- Be fully familiar with how to burn wood in a tent wood stove and have enough fuel available to create the desired heat, very similar to building a campfire.
- Lastly, we always recommend a CO Detector for your own safety.
We hope you found this helpful for using a tent wood stove in your shelter.