Hercules Winter Tent (8p) Floorless with Wood Stove Vent
- International shipping avalible. Please read our Return policy
The Hercules is a huge freestanding 8-person dome shaped winter tent for hunting, ice fishing and camping. It was designed with space and function in mind. The ability to add a wood stove as a heat source and for camp cooking, is what makes this large tent unique. You could literally live in this shelter!
Being a 4 season waterproof tent, it provides protection against rain, wind and snow. This shelter is up to 8-person in size for a group or provides a huge amount of living space inside for a solo base camp adventurer. The interior was designed with vertical walls for stand-up room and camp cots. This dome tent has three doors for convenience when getting in and out of the shelter.
Hercules Tent (Previous Version) Quick Video
Hercules Winter Tent Features
- Removable stove jack to add a tent wood stove
- Vertical sidewalls for huge interior space
- Removable buckle-in floor for floorless shelter
- 3 doors for group camping with no-see-um screens
- Lightweight, waterproof and seam taped secondary vent rainfly and main outer tent with 4 zippable air vents for improved ventilation
- Pitch the outer main body without second vent rainfly for improved view and airflow
- Large camping cot friendly with stand-up room
- 10 large mesh pockets on the interior walls to store random things, as well as many eyelets at the top to hang a light or small clothesline
- Hubbed and shock corded tent poles for easy assembly
- No-see-um Bug Mesh on all doors and vents
Hercules 8-Person Tent Specs
- Weather: 4 Season
- Size: 8-person (up to six with Stove. See Hot Tent Guide)
- Color Scheme: Olympic Elk Brown
- Waterproof Outer Tent: 10 lbs 4 oz
- Second Vent Rainfly Cap: 1 lbs 9 oz
- Removable Floor: 1 lbs 15 oz
- Fiberglass Poles: 14 lbs 2 oz
- Includes: Secondary Vent Rainfly, Outer Tent Main Body, Removable Floor, Small Gear Loft, Storage Sack, Stakes, Fiberglass Poles and Guyline with Linelocks
- Net Total Weight: 31.04 lbs
- Stakes Total: 21 pieces (1 lbs 6 oz)
- Included Tent Stakes: Yes
- Number of Poles: 6
- Number of Doors: 3 Doors
- Total Tent Size: 6.56' (height) x 9.8' (length) x 11.8' (width)
- Tent Body Packed Size: 7" (height) x 24" (length) x 8" (width)
- Pole Storage Size: 4" (height) x 25" (length) x 6" (width)
- Tent Pole Diameter: 11mm Fiberglass
Fabric and Further Details
- Second Tent Vent Rainfly Cap: Waterproof 68D Polyester Fabric PU (taped seams) at 1500mm hydrostatic head
- Main Body Rainfly (Upper Walls): Waterproof 68D Polyester Fabric PU (taped seams) at 1500mm hydrostatic head
- Main Body Rainfly (Vertical Walls): Waterproof 150D Oxford 3000mm (taped seams)
- Removable Floor: 150D Oxford 3000mm (taped seams)
Wood Stove Jack for Dome Tent
The Hercules Winter Tent comes with a stove jack and integrated rain cover, so that the pipe from a wood stove can exit a vent in the livable area of the tent.
This replaceable stove jack port is super versatile! It is a 14" x 10" rectangle made of cuttable silicone fiberglass fabric (not seam sealed), built in rain door, so that you can seal the hole when it is not in use, so that your tent stays weatherproof. Suggested chimney diameter no greater than 5" without pipe heat shield.
Designed to fit almost every tent wood stove on the market today. You can run a straight stove pipe up the center, which blocks a door, but leaves 2 usasable doors (with no second rainfly on), and using a tent protector sleeve.
Buckle-in Floor and Internal Sod Skirts
The Hercules can stand-alone as a floorless shelter, but there is an option to clip in the included floor if you choose. This provides full ground cover, or it can be tucked partially away if you wish to burn a wood stove.
Possible Uses of Tent
- Base Camp
- Emergency and Bug Out Shelter
- Family Camping
- Backcountry Hunting
- Winter Camping in Snow
- Ice Fishing Shelter
Main Tent Body Without Second Fly and Vents Open
Note: Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Full set up instructions for the Hercules. Made in a tent factory in China. Always use CO Detector and vent while burning wood stove.