Hercules Hot Tent (8P) Floorless with Wood Stove Vent
- Canada and International customers pay own duty and fees
- Gear recently went into Pre-Order status, because of high demand. This item must be reserved and will ship in the order it was received (soon as available). Estimated shipment on 11/20/18. Be sure to review our policy on pre-paying for backordered products.
The Hercules is a huge freestanding dome shaped hot tent for camping. It was designed with space and function in mind. The ability to add a wood stove as a heat source and for camp cooking, is what makes this large hot tent unique. You could literally live in this shelter!
Being a 4 season waterproof tent, it provides protection against rain, wind and snow. This shelter is 8-person in size for a groups or provides a huge amount of living space inside for a solo base camp adventurer. The interior was designed with vertical walls for stand-up room and camp cots. This dome tent has three doors for convenience when getting in and out of the shelter.
Update: Hercules will not be available until November 2018. View all of our stove jack shelter options.
8-Person Hot Tent Features
- Removable stove jack to add a tent wood stove
- Vertical sidewalls for huge interior space
- Removable buckle-in floor for floorless shelter
- 3 doors for group camping
- Lightweight, waterproof and seam taped rainfly and main outer tent with 4 zippable air vents for improved ventilation
- Pitch the outer main body without rainfly for improved view and airflow
- Large camping cot friendly with stand-up room
- 10 large mesh pockets on the interior walls to store random things, as well as two eyelets at the top to hang a light or small clothesline
- Hubbed and shock corded tent poles for easy assembly
Hercules 8-Person Tent Specs
- Weather: 4 Season
- Total Weight: 29.9 lbs
- Includes: Rainfly, Outer Main Body, Removable Floor, Stakes and Poles
- Stakes Total: 6 pieces
- Included Tent Stakes: Yes
- Number of Poles: 6
- Number of Doors: 3 Doors
- Total Tent Size: 6.56' (height) x 9.8' (length) x 11.8' (width)
- Tent Body Packed Size: 8" (height) x 24" (length) x 8" (width)
- Pole Storage Size: 4" (height) x 25" (length) x 6" (width)
- Tent Pole Diameter: 11mm
Fabric and Further Details
- Second Tent Rainfly: Waterproof 68D Polyester Fabric PU (taped seams) at 1500mm
- Main Body Rainfly: Waterproof 150D Oxford 3000mm (taped seams)
- Removable Floor: 150D Oxford 3000mm (taped seams)
Main Tent Body Without Fly and Vents Open
Wood Stove Jack for Dome Tent
The Hercules Hot Tent comes with a stove jack and rain cover, so that the pipe from a wood stove can exit a vent in the livable area of the tent.
This replaceable stove jack port is super versatile! It is a 14" x 10" rectangle made of cuttable silicone fiberglass fabric, surrounded by velcro fabric that you can seal the hole when it is not in use, so that your tent stays weatherproof.
The wood stove chimney should have a 45 degree pipe before exiting the tent walls. This will also help keep the firebox away from the sod skirts and tent walls. You can also run a straight stove pipe up the center of the floorspace (with no second rainfly on), using a tent protector sleeve.
Possible Uses of Tent
- Base Camp
- Emergency and Bug Out Shelter
- Family Camping
- Backcountry Hunting
- Winter Camping in Snow
Note: Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Made in a tent factory in China.