Hexpeak Teepee (2P) Trekking Pole Outer Tent
- Canada and International customers pay own duty and fees
The Hexpeak is a hexagon shaped teepee tent for camping. It is simple to set up using just one trekking pole. The outer tent sleeps up to 2 people as a fully functional shelter. This portable shelter is the most compact and ultralight in the Hexpeak line. However, it is designed to be very spacious, compared to traditional tents.
All About the Hexpeak Tipi
- Simple single pole design which can use trekking pole
- Ripstop Nylon outer tent functions fully as a stand alone 2-person shelter
- Hexagonal cone shaped to shed wind, rain and snow
- Modular 1.5 or 2 person optional inner tents, which hook into the main shelter if needed
- Easy take down and storage in a backpack or other small place
- 10 guy-out points for additional anchoring
- Top loop to hang outer tent with no poles needed
- Optional wood stove jack vent for heating the tent
Modular Waterproof Outer Tent
The modular tent can come with two main part options, the floorless waterproof outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the inner tents with a bathtub floor (which keeps mosquitos out and ground water out). This outer tent was made to shed wind and rain. Using a tent with a teepee style design, give you 360 degree shelter from the elements, when the weather turns bad while outdoors camping.
Available with a made to order custom sewn stove jack vent (installed near door zipper) for adding a small wood stove inside, transforming the shelter into a hot tent, which uses half the floorspace (1-person).
Optional Inner Tents with Bathtub Floors
You choose the inner tent size that best fits your needs. The solo inner tent (using half of the teepee) and has room to fit one person, under 6 feet tall, with plenty of space. Or a two person inner tent, which fills the inner floor space, can easily fit two people under 6 feet tall with plenty of room. Using an inner tent with bathtub floor, gives you additional protection against wind, dripping moisture and pouring rain water under the tent.
Need a larger shelter? Check out the Hexpeak XL!
Hexpeak 2-Person (Options) Specs
Outer Tent Shelter:
- Weather: 3.5 Season (Winter tested)
- Outer Tent: 1.45 lbs (23.2 ounces)
- 2 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 4.5' (height) x 8.20' (length) x 8.35' (width)
- Optional Stove Jack: 10" x 14" and you cut hole
Optional Inner Tents:
- Optional 1.5P Inner Tent: 1.3 lbs (20.8 ounces)
- Optional 2-Person Inner Tent: 1.96 lbs (31.3 ounces)
- Optional 1.5P Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 3.77' (height) x 7.64' (length) x 4.10' (middle width) x 2.23' (ends width)
- Optional 2-Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4.42' (135 cm) tall - 7.64' (length) x 6.88' (width middle) x 4.33' (ends width)
- Tent Packed Size: 16" x 5" x 5" (including solo inner, stakes and no pole)
- Not Included: Center pole, trekking pole and extra guyline (see below)
- All Includes 6 Stakes: 2.9 ounces (may use 10 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Teepee Tent: Waterproof 40D Ripstop Nylon Fabric - 230T with one side PU and one side siliconized
- Inner Tent: Nylon Fabric and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper door. Then waterproof 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m
- Tent Stove Jack Option: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and you cut oval hole with rain flap and cover (not seam sealed)
Possible Uses of Tent
- Wilderness Backpacking
- Campground Camping
- Backpack Hunting
- Bicycle Camping (Bikepacking)
Can't decide? Compare all of our teepee tent models!
Tipi Pitching (Pole) Options
- 137cm Trekking Pole: Your own or Luxe Hiking Poles
- 2 Shorter Poles: Connect together using straps or extension/connection section
- Dedicated Center Pole: Collapsible Luxe Poles
- Use Wood: Build hanging tripod or use single pole inside
- No Pole Setup: Hang from outer tent top loop
Hexpeak Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the outer tent by itself?
Yes you can! The Hexpeak Teepee waterproof floorless tent can also be used stand-alone, by using a groundsheet as the floor of the tent. That saves you a bit of weight out of your backpack. This also allows for two people to fit under the shelter. There is also the option of purchasing the Half-Hex Teepee Bathtub Tent Floors.
Note: You will need to apply tent seam sealer (sealer included). Also known as the Sil Hexpeak V4a. Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Download .pdf setup instructions or watch user video setup guide. Tent made in a factory in China. Adding stove jack will increase wait time to 1-2 weeks. Always use CO Detector and vent while burning wood stove.