Hexpeak Teepee (2P) Trekking Pole Outer Tent
- Includes Free USA shipping for orders over $50*
- Canada and International shipping options
The Hexpeak is a hexagon shaped teepee tent for camping. It is simple to setup using just one trekking pole. The outer tent sleeps up to 2 people as a fully functional shelter. This portable shelter is the most compact and ultralight in the Hexpeak line. However, it is designed to be very spacious, compared to traditional tents.
Modular Waterproof Outer Tent
The modular tent comes with two main part options, the floorless waterproof outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the inner tents with a bathtub floor (which keeps mosquitos out and ground water out). This outer tent was made to shed wind and rain. Using a tent with a teepee style design, give you 360 degree shelter from the elements, when the weather turns bad while outdoors camping.
Optional Inner Tents with Bathtub Floors
You choose the inner tent size that best fits your needs. The solo inner tent (using half of the teepee) and has room to fit one person, under 6 feet tall, with plenty of space. Or a two person inner tent, which fills the inner floor space, can easily fit two people under 6 feet tall with plenty of room. Using an inner tent with bathtub floor, gives you additional protection against wind, dripping moisture and pouring rain water under the tent.
Need a larger shelter? Check out the Hexpeak XL!
Hexpeak 2-Person Teepee Specs
- Weather: 3.5 Season (Winter tested)
- Outer Tent: 1.45 lbs (23.2 ounces)
- Optional Solo Inner Tent: 1.3 lbs (20.8 ounces)
- Optional 2-Person Inner Tent: 1.96 lbs (31.3 ounces)
- Solo System Total: 2.7 lbs (44 ounces)
- Not Included: Center pole, trekking pole and extra guyline (see below)
- Includes 6 Stakes: 2.9 ounces (may use 10 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
- 2 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 4.5' (height) x 8.20' (length) x 8.35' (width)
- Optional Solo Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 3.77' (height) x 7.64' (length) x 4.10' (middle width) x 2.23' (ends width)
- Optional 2-Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4.42' (135 cm) tall - 7.64' (length) x 6.88' (width middle) x 4.33' (width ends)
- Tent Packed Size: 16" x 5" x 5" (including solo inner, stakes and no pole)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Teepee Tent: Waterproof 40D Ripstop Nylon Fabric - 230T with one side PU and one side siliconized
- Inner Tent: Nylon Fabric and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper door. Then waterproof 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m
Possible Uses of Tent
- Wilderness Backpacking
- Campground Camping
- Backcountry Hunting
- Bicycle Camping (Bikepacking)
Can't decide? Compare all of our teepee tent models!
Hexpeak Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the outer tent by itself?
Yes you can! The Hexpeak Teepee waterproof floorless tent can also be used stand-alone, by using a groundsheet as the floor of the tent. That saves you a bit of weight out of your backpack. This also allows for two people to fit under the shelter. There is also the option of purchasing the Half-Hex Teepee Bathtub Tent Floors.
Center Pole come with the tent?
No, it does not. The Hexpeak Teepee uses a 4.5 foot (137cm) center pole to construct the height of the tent. A hiker can use a walking stick, our Luxe carbon trekking poles with that length or use an adapter (pole jack). You can also purchase an aluminum adjustable (collapsible) center pole separately. You can also throw a line over a tree branch and hang (no pole) from its center point loop on top of the tent, like a external framed traditional teepee.