Hexpeak XL Teepee (3P) Modular Outer Tents
- Includes Free USA shipping for orders over $50*
- Canada and International shipping options
The Hexpeak XL is a hexagon shaped teepee tent system for camping. This portable shelter is the second largest in the Hexpeak line. The outer tent sleeps up to 3 people as a fully functional shelter. Designed to have a huge amount of floor space, compared to traditional tent.
All About the Hexpeak XL
- XL sized to fit taller people inside shelter
- Single center pole design which can use two trekking poles or extender
- Ripstop Nylon outer tent functions fully as a stand alone 3-person shelter with optional snow skirts
- Hexagonal cone shaped to shed wind, rain and snow
- Modular 1 or 2.5 person optional inner tents, which hook into the main shelter if needed
- Easy take down and storage in a backpack or other small place
- Top loop to hang outer tent with no poles needed
- Optional wood stove jack vent for heating the tent
Need a smaller shelter? Check out the Hexpeak Trekking Pole Teepee!
Hexpeak XL 3-Person (Options) Specs
Shelters Outer Tents:
- Weather: Up to 4 Seasons (Winter Tested)
- Standard Outer Tent: 1.87 lbs (29.92 ounces)
- Winter Outer Tent: 2.31 lbs (36.9 ounces)
- 3 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 5.25' Tall (160 cm) - 9.8' (length) x 11.15' (width)
- Optional Stove Jack: 10" x 14" and you cut hole
Optional Inner Tents:
- 1-Person XL Winter Inner: 1.54 lbs (24.6 ounces)
- 2.5 Person Inner Tent: 2.16 lbs (34.5 ounces)
- 1-Person XL Winter Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4' (height) x 7.8' (length) x 4.26' (middle width) x 2.4' (ends width)
- 2.5 Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 5.25' (height) x 8.53' (length) x 6.5' (middle width) x 4.92' (ends width)
- Not Included: Center pole and extra guyline (see below)
- Includes 6 Stakes: 2.9 ounces (may use 11 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
- Camping Cot Max Space: 75" x 30" x 8.5" (Single with offset center pole)
- Tent Packed Size: 20" x 5" x 5" (including 2.5 inner, stakes and no pole)
Modular Outers and Inner Tents
The tents can come with two main parts, the floorless waterproof outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the inner tent with a bathtub floor (which keeps mosquito out and ground water out). The optional tipi inner has room to fit people over 6 feet tall, with plenty of space. The tent can be used as a 3 person standalone floorless teepee or you can bring along the inner tent for weather and no-see-um mosquito protection. You can also use our XL Solo Inner or our Half-Hex Tipi (1P) Solo Inner Tent with this shelter if you prefer a smaller sleeping space and want a large floorless vestibule.
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Teepee Tent: Waterproof 40D Ripstop Nylon fabric - 260T with one side PU and one side siliconized
- Inner Tents: Nylon Fabric and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper door. Then 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m - XL has more orange nylon fabric and less bug mesh
- Tent Stove Jack Option: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and you cut oval hole with rain flap and cover
Optional Tent Wood Stove Jack
Available with a custom optional stove jack chimney vent, which is sewn in by request. This makes it possible to install a medium sized wood stove, which transforms the shelter into a hot tent, and uses a third of the floor space.
Possible Uses of Teepee Tent
- Wilderness Backpacking
- Campground Camping
- Backcountry Hunting
- Bicycle Camping (Bikepacking)
Can't decide? Compare all of our teepee tent models!
Tipi Pitching (Pole) Options
- 160cm (5.25') Needed Pole: Your own or Luxe Hiking Poles as a base pole (adapter extension needed)
- 2 Shorter Poles: Connect together using straps or extension/connection section
- Dedicated Center Pole: Collapsible Luxe Poles
- Use Wood: Build hanging tripod or use single pole inside
- No Pole Setup: Hang from outer tent top loop
Hexpeak XL Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the teepee outer tent by itself?
Yes you can! The Hexpeak XL waterproof floorless teepee tent can also be used standalone, by using a groundsheet as the floor of the tent or Half-Hex Teepee Bathtub Tent Floors. That saves a bit of weight out of your backpack.
Note: You will need to apply tent seam sealer (sealer included). Also known as the Sil Hexpeak F6a and F6e. Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Download .pdf setup instructions. Made in a tent factory in China. Adding stove jack will increase wait time to 1-2 weeks and ships to Canada duty free.