Megahorn XL Tipi (8P) Wood Stove Tent Preorder
- Canada and International shipping availiable
- Tent ships first come, first serve. Your Pre-Order is reserved in line and ships in the order it was received. Estimated shipment on 03/17/21. Be sure to review our policy on pre-paying for backordered products.
01/14/2021 Update: Must reserve tent via Preorder. Consider in stock similar wood stove tent.
The Megahorn XL is a decagon shaped teepee tent designed for cold weather backcountry base camping. A lightweight winter substitute for a wall or outfitter tent. The outer tent sleeps up to 8 people as a fully functional floorless shelter with included removable floor. This tent provides protection from very heavy rain, it is fully portable and easy to set up. It also offers a stove jack port that can be opened and used with a portable tent wood stove or the option to run a chimney through the center using a tent protector sleeve.
Need a smaller shelter? Check out the Megahorn 4p Tipi
Megahorn XL Tipi (Overview) Video
About Waterproof Outer Tent
This floorless outer tent has double doors and waterproof fabric to keep rain off you. Then add a groundsheet or an optional inner tent (which keeps bugs out and groundwater out), for an additional cost, or use included removable floor.
Additionally, this teepee comes with retractable snow skirting (near the ground), for those nasty storms. Perfect for a cold weather camping trip!
Included Removable Tent Floor
This shelter includes a removable buckle-in tent floor which you can leave at home to reduce weight, or fold back for a large tent stove.
Stove Jack for Tent Wood Stove
The Megahorn XL comes with a stove jack and rain cover, so that the pipe from a wood stove can exit a vent in the livable area of the tent.
This stove jack port is super versatile! It is a 14" x 10" rectangle made of cuttable silicone fiberglass fabric, surrounded by velcro fabric that you can seal when it is not in use so that your tent stays weatherproof. Out-of-the-box the stove jack port is an oval shape that is 3" x 6" with a hole flap that can create a closure as small as 3" x 2", which can be cut up to 5” with scissors.
We suggest using a wood stove system with the total height of 9.5' for potential sparks and smoke clearance.
This wood stove tent shelter also features a large sealable chimney cap that can be partially opened or removed, at the very top of the teepee. Here a stove pipe with a protective sleeve (if you would like to install a stove near the center pole) or wood fire smoke can exit the top hole of the shelter.
Megahorn XL 8 Person Specs
- Weather: 4 Season (Winter Tested)
- Size: 8-person (up to six with Stove. See Hot Tent Guide)
- Outer Tent: 9.2 lbs
- Included Center Pole: Yes (25mm diameter - 7001 T9 Aircraft Aluminum - 17 oz)
- Net Total: 15.1 lbs
- Included: Tent Floor (2.6 lbs) and Stakes
- Space: 9.2' Tall (280 cm) - 15.1' x 15.1' dimensions
- Camping Cot Friendly: Yes
- Tent Packed Size: 27" x 10" x 9" (included compression carrying sack, removable floor, stakes and pole)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Green and Brown Outer Tent: 68D Polyester Taffeta PU with taped seams - 185 Tensile strength - 1800mm hydrostatic head - Fire Retardant
- Double Doors: Sewn in No-See-Um Mosquito Netting
- Tent Stove Jack: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and 3" x 2" oval hole with expanding flap to 3" x 6" (not seam sealed)
- Stove Jack Rain Cover: Fire Retardant Heavy Coated Polyester Oxford
- Closable Ventilation: Sealable and foldable 360 Peak Removable Top Vent Cap (not seam sealed)
- Internal Grommets: Yes
Uses of Tent
- Campground Camping
- Backcountry Hunting
- Prepping (Survival)
- Outfitter Tent
Note: Also known as the Megahorn XL. Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Not intended as an extreme weather mountaineering shelter. Tent made in China.
Warning: Proper airflow must be used when burning a wood stove inside a tent, to avoid the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Improper placement of a stove pipe can also melt the tent fabric. Put a stove inside this teepee at your own risk!