Octopeak Teepee (6P) Modular Outer Tents
- Canada and International customers pay own duty and fees
The Octopeak is an octagon shaped teepee tent system for camping. The outer tent can sleeps up to 6 people as a fully functional shelter. Designed to have a huge amount of floor space, compared to a traditional tent. Shelter available with an optional wood stove jack and/or snow skirts!
All About the Octopeak
- Simple center pole design which can use two trekking pole and connection
- Ripstop Nylon outer tent functions fully as a stand alone 6-person shelter with optional snow skirts
- Up to 2 doors for convenience with groups (1 if snow skirts are added)
- Octagonal cone shaped to shed wind, rain and snow
- Modular optional inner tents up to 4-person, which hook into the main shelter if needed
- Easy take down and storage in a backpack or other small place
- 12 guy-out points for additional anchoring
- Top loop to hang outer tent with no poles needed
- Optional wood stove jack vent for heating the tent
Modular Outers and Inner Tents
These tent systems come with two main optional parts, the floorless waterproof outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the bathtub floor inner tent (which keeps mosquitos out and ground water out).
The optional inner has room to fit four people (even five smaller people), of almost any height, with additional internal and vestibule space for gear storage outside of inner tent used for sleeping. The outer tents can be used as a 6 person standalone floorless teepee or you can bring along the 4-person inner tent (no stove) for weather and no-see-um mosquito protection.
You can also use one or two (single stove only) of our Half-Hex Tipi (1P) Solo Inner Tent with this shelter, or a 2.5 person inner (wood stove friendly). This makes it so you can share a tent with a friend but each still have your own private area to zip into at night! Having a large shelter with plenty of extra room outside of your sleeping area helps you keep your clothes and gear dry and safe during storms which can prove to be lifesaving!
Octopeak 6-Person (Options) Specs
Shelters Outer Tents:
- Weather: up to 4 seasons (Winter Tested)
- Standard Outer Tent: 2.91 lbs (46.5 ounces)
- Outer Tent with Stove Jack & Snow Skirts: 3.8 lbs (61 ounces)
- 6 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent Space: 6.06' Tall (185 cm) - 9.97' (length) x 9.97' (width) [not including snow skirts]
Optional Inner Tent:
- 4P Inner Tent: 2.88 lbs (46 ounces)
- 4 Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 6.06' (height) x 7.64' (length) x 10' (width)
- Not Included: Center pole and extra guyline (see below)
- Includes 8 Stakes: 3.9 ounces (may use 12 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
- Camping Cot Max Space: 85” x 30” x 8.5” (Fits up to two cots)
- Standard Tent Packed Size: 22" x 6" x 6" (including inner, stakes and no pole)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Teepee Tent: 40D Ripstop Nylon fabric - 260T with one side PU and one side siliconized (optional snow skirts Sil Polyester)
- Inner Tent: Nylon Mesh and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper doors. Then waterproof 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m
- Tent Stove Jack Option: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and you cut oval hole with rain flap and cover (not seam sealed)
Optional Stove Jack for Wood Heat
A tent wood stove can be installed by choosing the stove jack version and a spark arrestor. This is so a pipe from a wood stove can exit a vent in the livable area, which creates a hot tent shelter. The stove jack port is removable and replaceable.
The stove jack is 14" x 10" rectangle shape made of cuttable silicone fiberglass fabric, surrounded by velcro fabric that you can seal when it is not in use so that your tent stays weatherproof. Full stove jack can be closed with the included rain cover.
Prefer video? Octopeak Tipi Hot Tent Quick Look
Additional Octopeak Teepee Details
Possible Uses of Teepee Tent
- Wilderness Backpacking
- Campground Camping
- Backpack Hunting
- Bike Touring
Can't decide? Comparing our teepee tent models!
Tipi Pitching (Pole) Options
- 185cm (6.06') Needed Pole: Your own or Luxe Hiking Poles as a base pole (adapter extension needed)
- 2 Shorter Poles: Connect together using straps or extension/connection section
- Dedicated Center Pole: Collapsible Luxe Poles
- Use Wood: Build hanging tripod or use single pole inside
- No Pole Setup: Hang from outer tent top loop
Octopeak Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the teepee tent outer tent by itself?
Yes you can! The Octopeak waterproof floorless teepee outer tent can also be used standalone, by using a groundsheet as the floor of the tent. That saves your a bit of weight out of your backpack.
Note: You will need to apply tent seam sealer (sealer included). Also known as the Sil Octopeak F8 and F8e. Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Download .pdf setup instructions. Tent body made in a factory in China. Adding stove jack to a non-snow skirt version may increase wait time to 1-2 weeks. Always use CO Detector and vent while burning wood stove.