Minipeak XL Pyramid (3P) Hot Tent for Hunting Pre-Order
- Canada and International customers pay own duty and fees
- Pre-Order discount ships in the order it was received. Estimated shipment on 08/09/19. Be sure to review our policy on pre-paying for backordered products. Pre-Order discount ends 07/31/19.
The Minipeak XL Hot Tent is a pyramid shaped shelter system designed for backcountry hunting. It is simple to set up, using a trekking pole with extension or dedicated center pole and a minimum of four stakes. The outer tent sleeps up to 3 people as a fully functional shelter or solo if you are above 6' tall. Designed exclusively for the needs of backpack hunting!
All About the Minipeak XL
- Simple single pole design
- Fits any height solo person floorless, or under 6' tall with inner or pair
- Ripstop Polyester (no silnylon sag) outer tent functions fully as a stand alone 3-person shelter
- 2 doors double open on outer tent for convenience and tarp-like airflow
- Pyramid shaped for bad weather vs space livability
- Run floorless or add 1.5-person inner, which hooks into the main shelter if needed
- Easy take down and storage in a backpack or other small place
- Top loop to hang outer tent with no poles needed
- Includes stove jack for adding tent wood stoves
This modular tent comes with two main optional parts, the floorless double-door waterproof outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the 1.5-person inner tent with a bathtub floor (which keeps mosquitos out and ground water out).
Comes with a pre-installed 10" x 14" stove jack, which makes it possible to add a small or medium sized wood stove, transforming the shelter into a hot tent, but you use up a third of the floorspace (1-person).
Optional Inner Tent with Bathtub Floor
The optional 1.5-person winter inner tent uses less than half of the pyramid tent and has room to fit one person, under 6 feet tall and extra gear. The inner tent walls are designed to keep body temperatures in and significantly lowers the risk of condensations, transforming the shelter to a true double walled tent, with floor and zipper door. Safe to use with small or medium size tent wood stove!
Need a smaller shelter? Check out the Minipeak 2-Person
Minipeak XL 3-Person Tent (Options) Specs
Outer Tent Shelter:
- Weather: 3.5 Season
- Outer Tent: 2.9 lbs (45.8 ounces)
- 3 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 5.25' (height) x 8.8' (length) x 8.2' (width)
- Wood Stove Jack: 10" x 14" and you cut hole
Optional Inner Tent:
- Optional 1.5p Inner Tent: 1.5 lbs (24.6 ounces)
- 1.5p Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4.4' (height) x 7.5' (length) x 3.9' (width)
- Not Included: Center pole or Trekking Pole with extension
- Includes 8 Stakes: 4.4 ounces
Fabric and Further Details
- Pyramid Outer Tent: 68D Polyester Ripstop PU at 1500m
- Inner Tent: 68D breathable Polyester and HD mesh. Then 68D Polyester Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m
- Tent Stove Jack: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and you cut oval hole with rain flap and cover (not seam sealed)
Possible Uses of Tent
- Wilderness Backpacking
- Winter Camping
- Backpack Hunting
- Bicycle Camping (Bikepacking)
Tent Pitching (Pole) Options
- 160cm Pole Height: Extension with trekking pole, or dedicated pole
- 2 Shorter Poles: Connect together using straps or extension/connection section
- Dedicated Center Pole: Collapsible Luxe Poles
- Use Wood: Build hanging tripod or use single pole inside
- No Pole Setup: Hang from outer tent top loop
Note: Also known as the Minipeak XL. Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Made in a tent factory in China. Always use CO Detector and vent while burning wood stove.