Hexpeak Tipi (2P) Ultralight Trekking Pole Tent
The Hexpeak is a hexagon shaped tipi tent for backpacking, hunting and camping. It is simple to set up using just one trekking pole. The outer tent sleeps up to 2 people as a fully functional shelter. It is designed for those focused on weight and who are under 6' tall (tall people: please see the XL version). This portable shelter is the most compact and ultralight in the Hexpeak line. Highest space to weight ratio in our shelter line!
Hexpeak Tipi (Set Up) Video
All About the Hexpeak Tipi
- Simple single pole design which can use trekking pole
- Ripstop Nylon outer tent functions fully as a stand alone 2-person shelter
- Hexagonal cone shaped to shed wind, rain and snow
- Modular 1.5 or 2 person optional inner tents, which hook into the main shelter if needed
- Easy take down and storage in a backpack or other small place
- 10 guy-out points for additional anchoring
- Top loop to hang outer tent with no poles needed
- Optional wood stove jack vent for heating the tent
Modular Waterproof Outer Tent
The modular tent can come with two main part options, the floorless waterproof outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the inner tents with a bathtub floor (which keeps mosquitos out and ground water out). This outer tent was made to shed wind and rain. Using a tent with a teepee style design, give you 360 degree shelter from the elements, when the weather turns bad while outdoors camping.
Available with a made to order custom sewn stove jack vent (installed near door zipper) for adding a small wood stove inside, transforming the shelter into a hot tent, which uses half the floorspace (1-person).
Optional Inner Tents and Floors
You choose the optional floor size that best fits your needs. The solo inner tent (using half of the teepee) and has room to fit one person, under 6 feet tall, with plenty of space. Or a two person inner tent, which fills the inner floor space, can easily fit two people under 6 feet tall with plenty of room. Using an inner tent with bathtub floor, gives you additional protection against wind, dripping moisture (condensation) and pouring rain water under the tent.
Need a larger shelter? Check out the Hexpeak XL!
Hexpeak 2-Person (Options) Specs
Outer Tent Shelter:
- Weather: 3.5 Season (Winter tested)
- Size: 2-person (One with Stove. See Hot Tent Guide)
- Outer Tent: 1.45 lbs (23.2 ounces)
- 2 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 4.5' (height) x 8.20' (length) x 8.35' (width)
- Optional Stove Jack: 10" x 14" and you cut hole
- Minimum Pack Space: 12" x 4" x 4"
Optional Inner Tents:
- Optional 1.5P Inner Tent: 1.3 lbs (20.8 ounces)
- Optional 2-Person Inner Tent: 1.96 lbs (31.3 ounces)
- Optional 1.5P Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 3.77' (height) x 7.64' (length) x 4.10' (middle width) x 2.23' (ends width)
- Optional 2-Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4.42' (135 cm) tall - 7.64' (length) x 6.88' (width middle) x 4.33' (ends width)
- Tent Packed Size: 16" x 5" x 5" (including solo inner, stakes and no pole)
- Not Included: Center pole, trekking pole and extra guyline (see below)
- All Includes 6 Stakes: 2.9 ounces (may use 10 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Teepee Tent: Waterproof 40D Ripstop Nylon (Silnylon) Fabric 5000mm hydrostatic head - 230 Tensile strength with one side PU and one side Silicon
- Inner Tent: Nylon Fabric and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper door. Then waterproof 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000mm
- Tent Stove Jack Option: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and you cut oval hole with rain flap and cover (not seam sealed)
Possible Uses of Tent
- Wilderness Backpacking
- Campground Camping
- Backpack Hunting
- Bicycle Camping (Bikepacking)
Can't decide? Compare all of our teepee tent models!
Tipi Pitching (Pole) Options
- 137cm Trekking Pole: Your own or Luxe Hiking Poles
- 2 Shorter Poles: Connect together using straps or extension/connection section
- Dedicated Center Pole: Collapsible Luxe Poles
- Use Wood: Build hanging tripod or use single pole inside
- No Pole Setup: Hang from outer tent top loop
Note: You will need to apply tent seam sealer at peak only. Also known as the Sil Hexpeak V4a.
Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Download .pdf setup instructions or watch user video setup guide. Tent made in a factory in China. Always use CO Detector and vent while burning wood stove.
Updated December 2022: In second warehouse