Hexpeak XL Tipi (3P) with Wood Stove Options
Updated September 17, 2021: Limited stock, don’t wait!
The Hexpeak XL is a hexagon shaped teepee tent system for ultralight backpacking, hunting and camping. This portable shelter is the largest in the Hexpeak line. The outer tent sleeps up to 3 people as a fully functional shelter. Designed for those taller than 6' height (bigger than 2p version), or those who need more space in bad weather, this shelter has a huge amount of floor space compared to a traditional tent. There are also options to add a tent wood stove for winter use!
Hexpeak XL Tipi (Overview) Video
All About Hexpeak XL
- XL sized to fit taller people above 6' inside shelter
- Single center pole design which can use two trekking poles or extender, or dedicated pole
- Ripstop Nylon outer tent functions fully as a stand alone 3-person shelter with optional snow skirts
- Hexagonal cone shaped to shed wind, rain and snow
- Modular 1 or 2.5 person optional inner tents, which hook into the main shelter if needed
- Easy take down and storage in a backpack or other small place
- Top loop to hang outer tent with no poles needed
- Optional tent wood stove jack vent for winter heating
Modular Outers, Inner Tents and Floors
These ultralight tents can come with two main parts, the floorless waterproof outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the inner tent with a bathtub floor (which keeps mosquito out and ground water out). The optional 2.5-person inner has room to fit people over 6 feet tall, with plenty of space (no wood stove). The tent can be used as a 3 person standalone floorless teepee or you can bring along the inner tent for weather and no-see-um mosquito protection. You can also use a solo inner with this shelter, if you prefer a smaller sleeping space and want a large floorless vestibule for gear or wood stove.
- 1-person Inner
- 1.5p Half-Hex and XL Winter Inners
- 2.5p XL Inner (no stove)
- Rect-BF Bathtubs (1p stove ok)
- 1.5p and 2.5 Bathtub Tipi Floors
- Warm-n-Dry Groundsheet (Rain Forest)
- Tyvek Tent Floor (Desert and Snow)
Need a smaller shelter? Check out the Hexpeak Trekking Pole Teepee!
Hexpeak XL 3-Person (Options) Specs
Shelters Outer Tents:
- Weather: Up to 4 Seasons (Winter Tested)
- Size: 3-person (up to two with Stove. See Hot Tent Guide)
- Standard Outer Tent: 1.87 lbs (29.92 ounces)
- Winter Outer Tent: 2.12 lbs (34.08 ounces)
- 3 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 5.25' Tall (160 cm) - 9.8' (length) x 11.15' (width)
- Optional Stove Jack: 10" x 14" and you cut hole
- Minimum Pack Space: 17" x 4" x 4"
Optional Inner Tents:
- 1-Person XL Winter Inner: 1.54 lbs (24.6 ounces)
- 2.5 Person Inner Tent: 2.16 lbs (34.5 ounces)
- 1-Person XL Winter Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 4' (height) x 7.8' (length) x 4.26' (middle width) x 2.4' (ends width)
- 2.5 Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 5.25' (height) x 8.53' (length) x 6.5' (middle width) x 4.92' (ends width)
- Not Included: Center pole and extra guyline (see below)
- Includes 6 Stakes: 2.9 ounces (may use 11 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
- Camping Cot Max Space: 75" x 30" x 8.5" (Single with offset center pole)
- Tent Packed Size: 20" x 5" x 5" (including 2.5 inner, stakes and no pole)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Teepee Tent: Waterproof 40D Ripstop Nylon (Silnylon) fabric 5000mm hydrostatic head - 260 Tensile strength with one side PU and one side silicone
- Inner Tents: Nylon Fabric and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper door. Then 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m - XL has more orange nylon fabric and less bug mesh
- Tent Stove Jack Option: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and you cut oval hole with rain flap and cover
Optional Tent Wood Stove Jack
Available with a custom optional stove jack chimney vent, which is sewn in by request. This makes it possible to install a medium sized wood stove, which transforms the shelter into a wood stove tent, and uses a third of the floor space. Pairs with a folding backpacking wood stove.
Prefer video? Hexpeak XL with 3W Titanium Folding Stove Walk-around
Possible Uses of Teepee Tent
- Ultralight Backpacking
- Campground Camping
- Backpack Hunting
- Bicycle Camping (Bikepacking)
Can't decide? Compare all of our teepee tent models!
Tipi Pitching (Pole) Options
- 160cm (5.25') Needed Pole: Your own or Luxe Hiking Poles as a base pole (adapter extension needed)
- 2 Shorter Poles: Connect together using straps or extension/connection section
- Dedicated Center Pole: Collapsible Luxe Poles
- Use Wood: Build hanging tripod or use single pole inside
- No Pole Setup: Hang from outer tent top loop
Note: You will need to apply tent seam sealer. Also known as the Sil Hexpeak F6a and F6e. Tent colors may appear slightly different in person. Download .pdf setup instructions. Made in a tent factory in China. Always use CO Detector and vent while burning wood stove.