Octopeak Tipi (6P) with Hot Tent Options
- Canada and International customers pay own duty and fees
- Be sure to review our Return policy.
The Octopeak is an octagon shaped teepee tent system for backpacking, hunting and camping. The outer tent can sleep up to 6 people as a fully functional shelter. Designed to have a huge amount of floor space, compared to a traditional tent. Shelter available with an optional hot tent wood stove jack and/or snow skirts for winter use!
All About the Octopeak
- Simple center pole design
- Ripstop Nylon outer tent functions fully as a stand alone 6-person shelter
- Up to 2 doors for convenience with groups (1 if snow skirts are added)
- Octagonal cone shaped to shed wind, rain and snow
- Modular optional inner tents, which hook into the main shelter if needed
- Easy take down and storage in a backpack or other small place
- Top loop to hang outer tent with no poles needed
- Optional hot tent wood stove jack vent for winter heating
Modular Outers, Inner Tents and Bathtub Floors
These tent systems come with two main optional parts, the floorless waterproof stand-alone outer tent (which keeps rain off you) and the bathtub floor inner tent (which keeps mosquitos out and ground water out).
The outer tents can be used as a 6-person floorless teepee. You have the option of adding snow skirts and/or a wood stove jack.
The optional inner has room to 1-4 people of almost any height, with additional internal and vestibule space for gear storage outside of inner tent used for sleeping, and reduces condensation and gives you no-see-um bug protection.
Having a large shelter with plenty of extra room outside of your sleeping area helps you keep your clothes and gear dry and safe during storms which can prove to be lifesaving!
- 1-person Inner (Single with stove)
- 1.5p Half-Hex and XL Winter Inners (Single with stove)
- Pyramid 1.5p Inner Winter (Single with stove)
- 2.5p V8 Inner (Stove ok)
- 4p Octopeak Inner (no stove)
- 1.5p and 2.5 Bathtub Tipi Floors
- Warm-n-Dry Groundsheet (Rain Forest)
- Tyvek Tent Floor (Desert and Snow)
Octopeak 6-Person (Options) Specs
Shelters Outer Tents:
- Weather: up to 4 seasons (Winter Tested)
- Size: 6-person (up to three with Stove. See Hot Tent Guide)
- Standard Outer Tent: 2.91 lbs (46.5 ounces)
- Outer Tent with Stove Jack & Snow Skirts: 3.12 lbs (49.6 ounces)
- 6 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent Space: 6.06' Tall (185 cm) - 9.97' (length) x 9.97' (width) [not including snow skirts]
- Minimum Pack Space: 20" x 4" x 4"
Optional Inner Tent:
- 4P Inner Tent: 2.88 lbs (46 ounces)
- 4 Person Inner Tent Sleepable Space: 6.06' (height) x 7.64' (length) x 10' (width)
- Not Included: Center pole and extra guyline (see below)
- Includes 8 Stakes: 3.9 ounces (may use 12 additional - purchase additional tent stakes)
- Camping Cot Max Space: 85” x 30” x 8.5” (Fits up to two cots)
- Standard Tent Packed Size: 22" x 6" x 6" (including inner, stakes and no pole)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Teepee Tent: 40D Ripstop Nylon (Silnylon) fabric 5000mm hydrostatic head - 260 Tensile strength with one side PU and one side silicone (optional snow skirts Sil Polyester)
- Inner Tent: Nylon Mesh and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper doors. Then waterproof 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m
- Hot Tent Stove Jack Option: cuttable Silicone and Fiberglass - 14" x 10" Total Size and you cut oval hole with rain flap and cover (not seam sealed)
Optional Stove Jack for Wood Heat
A tent wood stove can be installed by choosing the stove jack version and a spark arrestor. This is so a pipe from a wood stove can exit a vent in the livable area, which creates a hot tent shelter. The stove jack port is removable and replaceable.
The stove jack is 14" x 10" rectangle shape made of cuttable silicone fiberglass fabric, surrounded by velcro fabric that you can seal when it is not in use so that your tent stays weatherproof, and closable with included rain cover.
Prefer video? Octopeak Tipi Hot Tent Quick Look
Additional Octopeak Teepee Details
Possible Uses of Teepee Tent
- Wilderness Backpacking
- Campground Camping
- Backpack Hunting
- Bike Touring
Can't decide? Comparing our teepee tent models!
Tipi Pitching (Pole) Options
- 185cm (6.06') Needed Pole: Your own or Luxe Hiking Poles as a base pole (adapter extension needed)
- 2 Shorter Poles: Connect together using straps or extension/connection section
- Dedicated Center Pole: Collapsible Luxe Poles
- Use Wood: Build hanging tripod or use single pole inside
- No Pole Setup: Top loop hang
Note: You will need to apply tent seam sealer. Also known as the Sil Octopeak F8 and F8e. Colors may appear slightly different in person. Download .pdf setup instructions. Tent body made in a factory in China. Adding stove jack to a non-snow skirt version may increase wait time to 1-2 weeks. Always use CO Detector and vent for airflow.