Peakarch Hoop Tipi Shelter (3P) System
- Canada and International customers pay own duty and fees
The Peakarch Hoop Tipi Tent System gives you 4 season protection, without a center pole of a conventional tipi design. It comes in two pieces, the floorless waterproof outer tent (keeps rain off you) and the inner tent with a bathtub floor (keeping mosquitos and harsh weather out). Great for above treeline campsites!
About Outer and Inner Tent
This non-freestanding camping tent is a perfect little shelter for the solo hiker, but can fit two (average height/using inner tent) people inside. The Peakarch has the option to leave the removable inner tent at home, and just use the floorless outer tent and a groundsheet, doing this will increase the tent from 2 person to a 3 person (under 6 foot) size tent and save weight inside your backpack.
The inner tent can easily be disassembled under the outer tent while in a rainstorm, by simply unhooking the clips, that way you can pack up your clothes/gear/inner tent in a dry area.
3 Person Tent (Configuration) Specs
- Weather: 3.5 Season (Winter Tested)
- Outer Tent and Pole: 2.7 lbs
- Inner Tent: 1.5 lbs
- Total Weight: 4.2 lbs (67.2 ounces)
- Doors: 1 Entrance and 1 rear inner tent door (additional gear storage)
- Hoop Pole: 11mm Yunan Aluminum Alloy
- Included Tent Stakes: Aluminum Alloy Y Tent Stakes x 17 count
- Reflective Guyline: 2.2mm diameter rope
- 3 Person (Floorless) Outer Tent: 4.10' (height) x 8.85' (length) x 9.84' (width)
- 2 Person Inner Tent Space: 3.54' (height) x 7.54' (center length) and 7.21' (outer length) x 4.75' (width)
- Tent Packed Size: 22" x 5" x 5" (including stakes and pole)
Fabric and Further Details
- Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
- Outer Tent: Waterproof 40D Ripstop Nylon with PU 2500 outside and siliconized inside
- Inner Tent: Nylon Mesh and no-see-um mosquito net with zipper door. Then 68D Nylon Taffeta PU bathtub floor at 4000m
Peakarch Frequently Asked Questions
Can the tent outer tent be used standalone?
Yes, the Peakarch waterproof floorless outer tent can be used without an inner tent. Just simply use a groundsheet to protect from heat loss and moisture from the ground. Doing this gives 2 people extra space under the tent.