Polatouche Backpacking Tarp (9.5' x 11') for Camping
- Canada and International customers pay own duty and fees
The Polatouche is a lightweight tarp for backpacking. It can be used as a tent awning, together with a hammock or as a minimalist shelter. This tarp has plenty of space for two people. The tarp packs down easily for simple storage inside a backpack or other small places. Great for any adventure!
About Polatouche Tarp
- Catenary curve shape for simple pitching
- Silnylon fabric for smaller packable sizing
- Campsite weather protection from rain and sun
- 10 guyline loops for multiple attachment variations
- Shape fits tipis to create awning
- Includes tarp, guyline, line locks, Y-stakes and stuff sack
Backpacking Tarp Specs
- Weather: 3.5 Season
- Tarp Only Weight: 1.21 lbs (19.5 ounces)
- Includes: 6 Stakes (purchase additional tent stakes)
- Does Not Include: Tarp Poles
- Sleeping Space: 7.8' x 9.5' dimensions
- Tie-out Points: 2 x Ridgeline + 4 x Corners + 4 Mid-Panel Guyline Loops = 10 Total
- Guyline Cord: 78' Reflective Rope + 6 x Glow-in-the-dark Line Locks (Example Cut Lengths: 2 x 19' + 4 x 10')
- Tarp Packed Size: 11" x 4" x 4" (including cord, stakes and no poles)
Fabric and Further Details
- Tarp Fabric: Waterproof 40D Ripstop Silnylon at 2500mm 260T
Polatouche Tarp FAQ
Can I use this tarp as a tent?
Yes you can! The Polatouche tarp acts as a waterproof outer tent and can also be used stand-alone, by using a groundsheet as the floor of the shelter. This minimalist style of backpacking. This style of shelter allows you to be closer with nature and take the cowboy type approach to camping.
Using as a Tent Awning?
The catenary curve of the Polatouche makes it easy to connect to or next to your shelter. With most Luxe Shelters, just attach one end to the top loop or center pole, and then use a pole or tree to elevate the second end. This makes it possible to create a refuge at the opening of the tent for cooking or relaxing.
Note: You will need to apply tent seam sealer for heavy rain around the mid-panel guyline loop attachment points (sealer not included). Tarp color may appear slightly different in person. Made in a tent factory in China.