Middle-Link Extension Sections (T-32 and T-45) for Trekking Poles
- Ships Same or Next Day from USA Warehouse*
- Canada and International shipping options avalible
- Be sure to read our Return policy
Update: T-45 back in mid-winter
The Middle-Link Extension Sections are used to connect two flip-lock 3-piece trekking poles. One of two piece options can be used to extend short poles into a longer one! Perfect for teepees, tarps and ultralight shelters. These additions are trekking pole sections made from lightweight and strong aluminum tubing. Adapters designed for the lightweight backpacker, who is looking to use their hiking poles tent poles. Can also be used to extend and offset the tents center pole, to create more sleepable space inside the shelter.
About Pole Extender Sections
There are two choices in pole sections, depending on what total length you need to build your shelter. Additionally, the diameter or ammount of the hiking pole you will be using. So you want to note the height of your shelter and how many poles you would like to hike with.
Select 3-Piece Shaft Diameters with Flip-Locks
*best to measure pole yourself
- Luxe Poles: 14mm - 16mm - 18mm (use T-32 or T-45)
- Leki Poles: 12mm - 14mm - 16mm (use T-45)
- Black Diamond Poles: 12mm - 14mm - 16mm (use T-45)
- REI Poles: 12mm - 14mm - 16mm (use T-45)
Pole Section Specs
T-32 Connection for 2 Poles
- Shaft Sizes: 14mm stepping to 16mm (diameter)
- Dimension Lengths: 3" at 14mm and 6.5" at 16mm
- Total Length: 12.5" (31.75 cm)
- Weight: 1.67 ounces
- Max (Luxe) Pole Length: 6.58' (200 cm) *Varies by pole manufacturer
- Min. (Luxe) Pole Length: 50" (127 cm)
- Material: Aluminum
T-45 Extension Piece for 1 Pole
- Shaft Size: 14mm stepping to 16mm (diameter) on one end
- Flip-Lock: 14mm (diameter) adjustable lock
- Dimension Length: 3" at 14mm and 14" at 16mm
- Total Length: 19" (48.25 cm)
- Weight: 2.25 ounces
- Max (Luxe) Pole Length: 5.9' (180 cm) *Varies by pole manufacturer
- Min. (Luxe) Pole Length: 47" (119 cm)
- Material: Aluminum and Carbon Shaft
Middle-Link T-32 Connects 2 Poles Together
The Middle-Link T-32 is used to connect two trekking flip-lock poles together. The end sections of both poles must have a 14mm or 16mm shaft size. It is important to note the diameter of your trekking pole sections, before attempting the connection.
The T-32 works by removing the end (tip) sections of the two trekking poles. Then face the pole grips away from each other, and add the Middle-Link piece. Once carefully secure, close each flip-lock on the poles. This forms one long pole that can be used to pitch teepees, ultralight tents and tarps. This saves you weight off your back!
Middle-Link T-45 Extends a Single Pole
The Middle-Link T-45 is used to extend one flip-lock pole. This section is designed to be used in addition with other factory pole pieces. The pole has a 14mm and 16mm shaft size at one end, and a 14mm flip-lock mechanism at the other. It is important to note the diameter of your trekking pole section, before attempting the connection.
This version of the Middle-Link works by removing the end (tip) section or middle piece of your pole, then add this additional section and reattach the section that you originally removed; in the new lock of the T-45. Once carefully secure, close each flip-lock on the pole. This forms one long pole that can be used to pitch teepees, ultralight tents and tarps. This saves you weight out of your backpack!
The T-45 can be used twice in 2 trekking poles, to make an A-frame shelter. This eliminates the center pole from most ultralight pyramid and teepee tents. Perfect for the Hexpeak Trekking Pole Teepee and Minipeak Pyramid Tent!
Teepee Tent (Center Pole) Fit Examples
Pole Extension Frequently Asked Questions
Which Trekking Poles Will This Extend?
Important Considerations: These sections will only work with a trekking pole with an attaching section with a 14mm or 16mm diameter. The poles locking mechanism must only be flip-lock closure and not twist-to-lock. We suggest you research and measure the poles before ordering. Won't work? Consider the Double-link Trekking Pole Connection! Made in China.